– Have obtained professional advice regarding separation agreement/severance
– Have received sound financial information regarding severance payment, RRSPs, tax implications, etc.
– Have filed a benefits claim for E.I. (Employment Insurance) Have met with the banker.
– Have developed an interim budget.
– Have negotiated a continuation of benefits (health care, dental plan, etc.).
– Have obtained letters of reference from former employer Have obtained a signed separation agreement.
– Have examined the effects of the loss on me emotionally.
– Have reviewed the impact of the loss on me physically.
– Have identified ways that the loss has affected my behaviour.
– Have replaced self-defeating behaviours with self-affirming practices.
– Have examined the effects of the loss of my family.
– Have established effective coping techniques.
Have accessed resources regarding the following:
– job loss.
– career exploration/planning.
– job search.
– summary writing.
– interview skills.
– returning to school.
– Have identified family and friends who are supportive.
– Have asked for support.
– Have identified ways to support me.
– Have identified and accessed community and public support services.
– Have explored all available options such as an occupation change, entrepreneurship, etc.
– Have identified potential barriers to success.
– Have developed plans to overcome potential obstacles.
– Have decided which option( s) I will pursue.
– Have established short-term and long-term goals for myself.
– Have developed a plan of action.
- Examine all the statements in which you DID NOT place a check mark.
- Mark these statements in order of priority to you by numbering them as 1, 2, 3, etc.
- Proceed to the section( s) of this website that deals with these areas and issues.
© Wordscapes ® (David Turner). All Rights Reserved.